Step 1: Register
1. Rotate the antenna on the IsatPhone 2 so it is pointing at the sky.
2. Face towards the general direction of the Equator.
3. The handset will display signal and begin to register to the network.
4. The handset will display Ready for service once registration has completed.
Note: Inmarsat satellites are geostationary and do not change location. The satellites are positioned across the Equator therefore you will need to ensure you are facing the satellite from your region. If you do not face the right direction you will not register to the network. The signal indicator will show bars, if it does not, turn 90 degrees to the right and continue doing so until you have achieved signal gain.
Step 2: Send a text message
1. Press Menu.
2. Select Messaging and press Select.
3. Scroll to New message and press Options.
4. Scroll to New message and press Select.
5. Scroll to Text message and press Select.
6. Enter the destination phone number (I.e. + 1 206 329 1947) in the To field.
7. Enter the desired text message into the text field, up to a maximum of 160 characters.
8. Press Options once the message has been created.
9. Scroll to Send and press Select.