Please follow the instructions below on activating your new Roadpost Prepaid SIM card purchased on our online store or at a third party vendor.
Note that all Iridium and Inmarsat devices require an activated SIM card to use the service.
Postpaid (Monthly) Service
You do not need to activate a postpaid Monthly Service SIM. When ordering monthly service on Roadpost.com your SIM card will arrive activated and ready for use. Once you insert the SIM card into your phone you will be able to go outdoors, power on the phone, extend the antenna, and place a call.
Activate Prepaid Service (Purchased online at Roadpost.com)
- Log in to “My Account” using the profile icon on the top right corner of our website, or click: USA Accounts / Canadian Accounts.
- The “Activate Cards” page will display all prepaid cards associated with your account that can be activated whenever you are ready.
- You can use the ICCID (i.e. SIM card number) on your SIM card, and listed on the “Activate Cards” page, to identify the SIM card that you want to activate.
- Simply click on the checkbox to select the card(s) you wish to activate and click on Confirm. You can activate more than one card at a time. It will take a couple of minutes to process the activation.
- Once the card is fully activated, you will receive an email notification. The SIM and associated Service (phone) Number will now appear in the list under the “Manage Prepaid Refills” page of your online account.
- From the Manage Prepaid Refills page, you can make other selections such as refilling your prepaid airtime and managing your auto-refill settings.
- Note that you have 12 months from the date of purchase to activate your card.
Existing Prepaid SIM Card
- If you have a Roadpost prepaid SIM that was active within the last 270 days, you can refill airtime on the card by logging in to your online account. Go to the “Manage Prepaid Refills” page, select the card and click the “Manage Refills” button. From there, you can purchase a one-time refill product or set your airtime to refill automatically when your balance is low or before your balance expires. See: How do I refill a prepaid SIM card?
- If you have an older Iridium prepaid SIM (minutes expired over 270 days ago) or a SIM from another service provider, you will need to purchase a new SIM. Visit our Prepaid SIM pages here: USA Site / Canadian Site
- Under special circumstances a Prepaid reactivation is possible for a fee. Please contact support.
- Inmarsat Prepaid SIM cards do not expire and can be refilled indefinitely.
SIM Card (Purchased From a Third Party Retail or Online location)
To activate a Roadpost SIM card purchased from at a retail location please visit our activation portal here
Activation Portal Errors or issues activating?
Please contact us: How do I contact Roadpost?