Iridium has released Iridium GO! firmware version 1.4.1 that provides the following updates:
- Support for SIM-less emergency calling (000) while in Australia
- Support for web browsing on Iridium Mail& Web app for iOS
- Improvements to audio quality during voice calls
- Battery revision number added to device screen
- Improved data network connection reliability
To update the firmware on your device please perform the following actions:
1. Download the firmware file from here: http://support.roadpost.com/downloads/files/24-view
2. Unzip the downloaded firmware file to your Desktop.
3. Power on the Iridium GO! by flipping up the antenna.
4. Wait for the device to fully boot.
5. From your computer (must be a computer and not an iPad, iPhone, or Android phone) join the Iridium GO! Wi-Fi network. Example Iridium GO! SSID: IRIDIUM-02473.
6. Open a web browser and type in the following IP address into the address bar: 192.168.0.1.
7. An Iridium interface page will open.
8. Type in "guest" for the "User Name" and "Password" fields.
9. From the main page, click on the "System" tab.
10. Click on the "Choose File" button.
11. Select the previously unzipped firmware file. The file name should be called "IridiumGO_Portal_upgrade_1_4_1.frm"
12. Once the file has been selected, click on the "Upgrade" button.
13. The progress bar will start to count up to 100%. The upgrade will take up to 15 minutes to complete.
14. Once the firmware update reaches 100% the Iridium GO! will reboot. The device will be ready to use again.