Geofences allow Administrators to define and highlight geographical locations on the map which can be used to monitor when device users enter or exit specific areas. Geofences can be created using a circle, polygon or drawing a line on the map and a fence width can be defined as well as given a custom colour. In order to trigger geofence notifications and alert specific individuals, you will be required to create an Event Notification for the geofence crossing. When creating the Event Notification for the Geofence crossing, you will be able to define which devices the geofence should apply to and who will be notified.
This article explains how to edit a geofence.
1. To edit a geofence, navigate to the Options tab and select Geofences.
2. The Geofences page will be displayed. Select the geofence you would like to edit from the list.
3. Select Edit from the geofence details page.
4. The selected geofence and geofence details will be displayed.
4a. To modify the geofence position, use the center-box to position your geofence and use the outter-box to re-szize your geofence.
4b. Modify the Geofence Name, Fence Width or Geofence Color.
5. Press OK to save your changes and your geofence will be displayed on the map.
Note: If you would like to trigger notifications as to when a geofence is crossed, navigate to the Event Notifications section and create a geofence crossing event notification.