Global Event Notifications allow Administrators and Monitors to configure notifications which are sent to Contacts or Distribution Lists when specific events have been triggered from the device or GeoPro web app. These notifications include, when an emergency is declared or cancelled, when a check-in schedule has been enabled or disabled, when a device has checked-in or missed a check-in, when a device has crossed a geofence, and many more. The Global Address Book is used to create Contacts and Distribution Lists so that they are available when creating or managing your Global Event Notifications.
At the time of registration, we took the liberty to pre-configure some of the most common types of Global Event Notifications using your Escalation Contacts. Depending on the device types that were activated at the time of registration, these notifications include, Emergency, Missed Check-In and Man-Down event notifications.
This article explains how to create Global Event Notifications.
1. To create a new global event notification, navigate to the Options tab and select Global Event Notifications.
2. The Global Event Notifications page will be displayed. You now have the ability to add, edit, and delete Global Event Notifications.
To add a Global Event Notification, select the + in the top right corner.
3. You can now define the details for the new Global Event Notification by using the wizard. Start by specifying the event trigger from the drop down on the Events tab, then press Next.
4. Select which devices can trigger the notification whether it be for all devices on the tenant/account, a specific group of devices, or selected devices, then press Next.
5. Select the recipients that you would like to receive the notification from the Send a message to the following recipient drop down.
If you haven't added the recipient to the Global Address Book and they do not appear in your recipient list, you add a new contact by selecting Add New Global Contact. This will allow you to create and add a contact to the Global Address Book on the fly without having to leave the event notifiation wizard. When ready, press Next.
6. Give your notification a name. The name of the notification will appear in the header of the notification that will be sent to your recipients. Be sure to choose a name that fits the type of notification being generated. Enter the name in the Notification Name field then press Next.
7. Review the details of your event notification. When finished, press OK to save your changes.
8. You're done! When any of the event notifications are triggered, a notification will be sent to the defined recipient(s).