Learn how to configure and download weather forcasts using the Iridium Mail & Web application for Android & iOS devices.
Note: Some pages and menu options may vary based on the Android or iOS device type you are using. Please also ensure your mobile device is connected to the Iridium WiFi hotspot before proceeding.
Step 1: Configure "Weather" forcasts using Iridium Mail & Web (Android & iOS)
1. Launch the Iridium Mail & Web application
2. Select "Settings"
3. Select "Weather"
4. Select "Locations" to view a list of configured locations
5. Select "+" or "Add another location" to add a new location
6. Manually enter the location details or select "Select Airport" / "By airport code"
- If manually entering location: Enter the name, latitude and longitude
- If searching by airport: Search for the desired airport location, select your desired location, and press "Save"
7. Once you've saved your location, return to "Weather Settings"
8. Go through the list of "Weather Settings" and enable or disable the desired parameters
Step 2: Download "Weather" forcasts using Iridum Mail & Web (Android & iOS)
1. Connect your mobile device to the Iridium GO! WiFi hotspot
2. Using the Iridium GO! access the on-display menu by pressing the left soft-key
3. Continue to press the left soft-key until Internet is highlighted
4. Press "Select" on Internet
5, Start internet connection? will be displayed, select "Yes"
6. Launch the Iridium Mail & Web application
7. Select "Weather"
- For Android, select "Refresh" followed by "Fetch Weather"
- For iOS, select "Connect"
8. Once the download has been completed, you will have the latest weather forcast on your mobile device