Assigning a device to a user is a mandatory component of the service. It allows an Administrator or Monitor to track who is assigned to a device, view specific details related to that user such as full name, a personalized photo, citizenship, emergency contacts, address and phone number. The user information is also included when notifying GEOS or self-monitored escalation contacts in the event of an emergency, overdue check-in or man-down event, if configured.
Note: Any time a device is added to the Account Management section, it is mandatory to specify or create an assigned user. Additional users which do not require a device can subsequently be added from Options followed by Users section.
1. Start by selecting a device from the device list on the Devices tab.
2. Once you`ve selected a device, the device page will be displayed. In this example, we`ve selected Lu`s Extreme which doese not have an assigned user.
3. Select Configure and you will be presented with the device configuration page.
4. Select Device Details followed by the desired user from the Assigned User drop down.
5. Press OK to save your change and the device will now be assigned to the selected user.